I’ve been doing a lot while I’ve been away – from here, I mean. My brother, Sean, has been making a film, which I have been helping out with. the film is called Epistemic, and they are funding it via Kickstarter. more info can be found here.
as well as that, I’ve got some writing to do. two of the projects are secret ones for people I know, and the others are articles and little ideas, as well as working on my book. very busy indeed.
S.R. Carillo, the coolest and most helpful blogger ever, has nominated me for the Liebster Award. She also has a book out, which you can buy here or here.
1. Link back to whoever nominated you
2. Answer their ten questions
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers, who have less than 400 followers, for this award.
4. Give them ten questions to answer
5. Let them know via their own blog that you have nominated them
Here are the questions I was given:
1. How important is the title of a book?
Not too important. I always change titles around. Though I might be wrong, i’m still learning about all of this!
2. Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
I live by the coast at home, and it’s very windy there. Here in Liverpool, it’s windy as well. So if I could paint with the colours of the wind, It’d be a crazy, huge painting.
3. Pets! Cats. Dogs. Ferrets. Chinchillas. Have any household furbabies?
Charlie, a Border Collie. I love him a lot.
4. Any favorites among the classics? Shakespeare? The Brontë sisters? Etc.?
Not really – I haven’t read many classic books, or listenened to classical music. Played a lot of classic videogames, though.
5. How do you feel about space travel?
If it was on a huge spaceship where you could wander about, I’d love it. I don’t think I’d like to travel in a small spaceship, like they have now. I want a space ferry or starship. But going into space would be amazing!
6. Do you watch the movie then read the book – or read the book then watch the movie?
I wanted to read Cloud Atlas and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo before seeing them at the cinema, and in both cases I missed the showings because I still had a lot of the book left to read. I think, next time, I’ll watch the movie first. I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World before I read them, and that’s my favourite film.
7. Fuck! Darn! Should characters curse?
Yes, because it’s normal language. I can’t write swearing well, though. every time I try, it sounds wrong, like i’m putting it in to sound edgy or dangerous. I hate people who think that swearing is still a rebellious thing to do.
8. Your ideal writing space – lots of noise and clutter or serene and isolated?
I like small spaces for writing, and writing in a notebook is best when you’re in a cafe. I don’t know why, but cafe’s are nice places to write things.
9. Pandas and penguins. Love ‘em or leave ‘em?
They’re alright. My favourite animals are Foxes and Sheep.
10. What’s the one genre you can’t stand – or simply don’t care for?
Military books can be boring, and I don’t like the army. Thrillers are fun, but when it’s too army focused, it gets boring.
There you go. My nominations for the Liebster award are:
1. James Eik – Writer and Photographer
2. Science Quarks and Quirks
3. Weezknits, who knits things
My ten questions:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. How did you get into your speciality subject?
3. Tea or coffee, or neither?
4. Working on anything big at the moment?
5. Any pets?
6. Favourite book/film/video games
7. Why can’t I think up any interesting questions?
8. How often do you add to your blog?
9. What takes up most of your time?
10. Who would you like to meet from the past?
There you go. have fun!
Listening to the Cloud Atlas soundtrack, and while writing this it went form track 1 to track 7.